About Style Falcon
Sewing patterns were designed for mature figures?
With adjustments built in, to help you get a great fit?
For the 92% of us who are not “hourglass” shaped?
Or have had a baby or two or three or more?
Or have health conditions that most fashion ignores?
Or have taken 40 or more trips around the sun?
I started Style Falcon because I asked myself these questions. I knew that most fashion is designed for a youthful, slim woman with so-called “perfect” posture and proportions. But why are most sewing patterns also like that? After all, when we sew, we can do what we want. We can reject fashion’s so-called rules. We can create the perfect look for our bodies, our lives, our values. There was no sewing pattern company like that, so I figured I had to start one myself.
With Style Falcon patterns, you will always get sharp, dramatic and fabulous fashion, designed for you:
- Drafting for a mature figure, with less bust-to-waist definition, and more room at the tummy, hip and bicep
- Center-back seams, rounded back and forward shoulder shaping
- Lower bust points, for a “C” to “D” cup
- Finished garment measurements, and marked points for the bust, waist and hip
- Options for quick and easy or more challenging projects
- Options for those of us who run hot or cold
Style Falcon styles are inspired by the mature figure. We'd love to hear about your sewing and fit journey!