Twirl through life in this striking knit top. Slight gathering at the side seams provide shaping for the bust. Godets at the hem bring drape and drama.
Create a sleeveless layering piece with a classic banded neckline, or make a statement with an elegant cowl and long sleeves.
The Gorgeous Godet Top works best with lightweight knits with four-way stretch. Wider fabric is recommended, as this top has some large pieces. See the chart at left for fabric requirements.
- For contrasting godets, you will need about 1 yard/meter for all sizes.
- “With nap” layouts are provided for directional prints or luxe fabrics, such as stretch velvet.
- This pattern is not suitable for striped fabrics for the bodice - but try a contrasting godet in horizontal or vertical stripes to add dimension.
You will also need:
- Matching thread
- About 7 inches (18 cm) of narrow elastic, twill tape or other material to stabilize the shoulders.
- For View B: about 1 yard or meter of fusible stabilizer or stay tape for the cowl neckline.
The pattern comes in copy-shop and print-at-home formats with layered sizes - just choose and print the sizes you need. Directions come in standard and large-print formats so you can easily read and see every expertly illustrated step.
Visit Style Falcon on You Tube for a video demonstration of the Gorgeous Godet Top and for video tutorials on how to sew both versions.
This is a digital sewing pattern - no sewing pattern will be mailed to you.